Skip to main content

Beauty Favorites 2017


I wanted to state that this is going to be the first beauty post up on my blog but then I realized that I've actually posted some beauty related posts last year 😁 It was about my on the go makeup routine...which you guys could read about *here* I still use this makeup routine pretty often but I've changed up some items. Might do an updated one some time this year.



Anyways, today, as stated above, I'm gonna talk about my beauty favorites from last year. I've done one post for my 2016 favorites. So I thought it'll be a good idea to do one for 2017. Last year I've separated favorites for different categories into different posts but this year I'm going to gather all in one. I'll link my previous posts from my Dayre *here* in each category below to compare how different or similar my favorites are from both years.

Let's begin right away coz this is going to be a loooooooong post.

PRIMER

Just like in 2016 I've not used a whole lot of primers as mentioned *here*. I've bought quite a number of pore filling primers coz my main skin problem was big pores (WAS coz now it doesn't bother me anymore). But then I ended up not using them coz we all know that these primers actually clog up your pores and also coz my pores don't bother me that much anymore.

If I had to pick one that I really liked it will be this First Aid Beauty Coconut Skin Smoothie Primer Moisturizer. It is technically a moisturizer but I've read that many people use it as a primer so I've used it as a primer.

I exchanged this from Sephora using my points so it isn't a full size. But I plan to purchase this once this runs out...not very soon coz I've not been using it a lot lah.

Anyways here's what I like about it...
  • moisturizing
  • watery = easy to apply...as compared to those siliconey primers lah.
  • smells good

BB CUSHION

Last year I've mentioned (in the same post linked above) that my favorite BB Cushion is Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control in 23. This year I've found another BB Cushion that I prefers. I think you guys might have guessed even before seeing this pic above coz I've mentioned this product like a million times 😛

Yes, it is none other than the April Skin Magic Snow Cushion 💓

I'm in the shade 23

What I like about it:
  • moisturizing
  • doesn't feel heavy on the face
  • shade is perfect for my skin tone

I think this is the only BB Cushion that I will repurchase for the moment...until I find another one better than this one.

FOUNDATION

In 2016's favorites I didn't mention any foundations coz I didn't use a lot of foundations. For 2017, I have tried to include foundations into my every day makeup routine. Hence, we have this category this time.

On the left, Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect Foundation in Medium Beige. On the right, Wet n Wild Photofocus Foundation in Golden Beige. As you can probably tell, I like foundations that work well with photography or made to photograph beautifully lol.

What I like about the Revlon foundation:
  • photographs beautifully
  • has a pump
  • full coverage
As for the Wet n Wild foundation, here's what I like about it:
  • light weight
  • watery feel
  • the applicator makes it super easy to apply on the face
  • photographs beautifully
Don't know when I'll run out of these foundation (the Revlon one is actually very old 😜) but I'll definitely be repurchasing these two.

CONCEALER

Two years ago my favorite concealer was Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer (read about it in the post I've linked above). I still like it a lot but I've since threw it away coz it went bad and had expired. Started separating and all weird. I have yet to get a new one to replace it. That shit is always OOS.

In 2017, I found two other concealers that I really like and they are Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer and Colourpop No Filter Concealer.

This is the shade that I am using for the Colourpop concealer, Beige 25. As for the Maybelline one, I couldn't find the shade name on the tube. But I'm guessing it's Medium.


What I like about the Maybelline concealer:
  • watery = easy to work with and moisturizing
  • applicator makes it easier to apply = no need extra tools

 What I like about the Colourpop concealer:
  • watery = easy to work with
  • great coverage
  • wide shade range
  • peach shade is great for covering my dark circles
I think I won't be repurchasing the Maybelline one coz I wanna try out other concealers to look for a better coverage concealer (mum dark circles sucks 😕). As for the Colourpop one, definitely gonna repurchase coz I love the coverage.

POWDER

I thought I'm not going to find a powder that I like in 2017 coz in 2016 I didn't. But I did 😀

Althea had been pushing their very first product, Althea Petal Velvet Powder, on basically every social media platform. Their marketing totally succeeded coz I finally got one to try after seeing their ads everywhere. I was pleasantly surprise to find that I love it.

What I like about this powder:
  • powder is finely milled
  • easy to bake with
  • translucent
  • doesn't cake up
  • small tub = easy to travel with

I got it almost at the end of 2017. But seriously it's better than all the other powders that I've used at the moment. I'll definitely repurchase it.

BRONZER

I haven't been using any contour products in 2017 (read about the contour and bronzer that I like in 2016 in the link above) but I've used a lot of bronzers . One of my favorite is the bronzer from the Colourpop x Alexis Ren collab Topaz face duo. The other is Benefit's Hoola Bronzer.

The bronzer in the Colourpop Face Duo is called Golden Moment (the one on the left) for those who didn't know. As you can see, I've used it way more than the highlighter on the right.

As for the Hoola bronzer, I've used it so much that it has a very deep dip. But not sure when it'll hit pan coz the pan is pretty deep.

Hoola is much closer to my skin tone if compared with Golden Moment. But both works well on my face lah. Just that if I wanna look a little more tan or warm up my face more when I use a super light foundation, Golden Moment is a better choice.

What I like about Golden Moment:
  • smooth and buttery
  • great shade for my skin tone
  • easy to blend out
What I like about Hoola:
  • great shade to work as a contour as well
  • great traveling coz I got the mini size

I already have a full size Hoola in my collection so I won't be buying it anytime soon. As for Golden Moment, I'm definitely gonna repurchase.

BLUSH

In 2016 I did a whole post dedicated to my favorite blushes *here* I had six favorite blushes at that time. But in 2017, I have four (technically five)...some of which are the same as 2016. There are no order of ranks among the blushes. I love them all the same 😊

I got these Essence Satin Touch Blushes coz Kathleenlights said that these are good. True enough these are 👍👍👍 I've gotten both the shades. I'll have to say that I can't pick which one I prefer. So both are included in the favorites.


From the name and also from the pan, it is pretty clear that this is a coral blush. I initially didn't like it coz I find it a little too bright for my complexion. Recently I actually prefer this more than the other shade I'm going to show next.


Satin Love is a deeper red...though might not be obvious in the pics coz I've adjusted the colors a little. But from the first pic you can some what see that it is much deeper than Satin Coral.

What I like about both of these blushes:
  • pigmented
  • feels like it has some sort of staining effect = long lasting
  • no shimmers
  • buttery smooth = not chalky at all
  • super cheap
I'll definitely repurchase these blushes if I ever run out of it (which I doubt) coz it's the most accessible blush among the others that I am going to talk about.

The second blush is a recurrent favorite from 2016. This is actually a birthday gift that I got from Sephora. I don't know the exact name of the blush but I call it Sephora Happy Birthday Blush.

It is a blush duo with an orange shade blush (I call it Happy) and pink shade blush (Birthday)

Same as 2016, I only like the Happy blush and had been using it a lottttttt. You can see how loved it is judging from the word "Happy"embossed had disappeared from the blush hehe.

I used to always think that I don't suit orange blushes. But after using this Happy blush, it totally changed my perception.

What I like about this blush:
  • looks like a natural flush when applied
  • compact size = great for traveling
I won't be able to repurchase this since this is limited edition. So I guess I'll have to search for another orange blush to replace this when it runs out.

This was also on 2016's list. It is the Milani Baked Blush in Corallina.

This blush is da shit. It looks so darn beautiful in the pan and looks beautiful on my skin. I think if I had to pick one blush to live with for the rest of my life, I think I'll be picking this one for sure 💓

What I like about this blush:
  • extremely pigmented
  • buttery smooth texture
  • looks so pretty in the pan lol
  • staining on the skin = long lasting
I'll definitely repurchase this awesome blush buttttt Milani is not available in Malaysia yet. The only for me to could get this is buy online or fly to Bangkok to purchase it wtf. Probably get other shades when I do go to Bangkok again coz can swatch and all unlike buying online.

Again this is one of the blushes that I've mentioned in 2016. I didn't get a lot of new blushes due to my Project Pan (which I'll be doing again this year 😊) so I guess that explains the repeat of favorites. Anyways this is Holika Holika x Gudetama Lazy & Easy Jelly Dough Blush in Grapefruit Jelly...such a mouthful 😅

Sorry this looks so gross. It's a dough-y sort of cream blush (hence the name) in pinky shade. I think this is the only cream blush that doesn't break me out 🙌

What I like about this blush:
  • natural flush on the skin
  • easy to apply = doesn't need extra tools = best to travel with
  • doesn't break me out
This blush is limited edition as well. Not sure if Holika Holika has something similar. If they do, I'll be glad to repurchase coz like I said, it's the only cream blush that doesn't break me out.

No filter swatches of all blushes

As you can see I like blushes that are in the same tone of color lol. Even the blushes that I don't love as much looks almost the same. Don't know why I need so many of the same thing 😑


HIGHLIGHT

I've cut down from five favorite highlights *here* to three in 2017. Again there is no specific ranking to any of these. BTW none of these are repeats from 2016 so yay new finds lol.

This mini size Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter is a part of a duo that I got from Sephora. I always heard people raving about Becca's Highlighter so I had to get one to try out. The big size one is damn expensive so mini size duo to try out would be the best choice imo.


I think Moonstone is a pretty popular shade no? I got this shade coz it was the only shade available for the duo at that time lah. No particular reason why I got it.

What I like about the BECCA highlight:
  • smooth texture
  • pigmented
  • flattering on the skin
  • mini size = great for traveling
Coz of the price, I think I won't be getting anymore BECCA highlighters. Well unless I suddenly felt fancy or something really caught my eyes.

Next we have Colourpop Super Shock Cheek Highlighter


I have three Super Shock Cheek highlighters in my collection but my ultimate favorite is this shade Glazed. I think the reason why I don't like the other two is coz it doesn't suit my skin tone. Might look into other shades that'll suit me better.

Anyways, the reason I like this:
  • affordable
  • buttery smooth texture
  • super flattering on the skin
Like I said, I'll have to look for highlighters that will suit my skin tone better from Colourpop. I already know that I like the texture so now it's just time to get the right shade nie.

Last favorite highlighter is Catrice Highlighting Powder


I have all three shades of this highlighter but I only like this shade coz it shows up damn bling on my skin tone

What I like about this Catrice highlighter:
  • smooth texture
  • flattering on the skin
  • natural sort of highlight that doesn't throw people off
Unfortunately this collection is limited edition from Catrice. I won't be able to repurchase it even if I want to. Let's hope I'll be able to find other permanent highlights from Catrice that I'll like lah.

Again the highlighters that I like are all in the same tone lol

There will be no favorite eye shadow primer coz I only use two eye shadow primers which are...Urban Decay Primer Potion and Essence I Love Stage Eye shadow Base. Both are my favorites. Can't pick one that I ultimately love.

Moving on...

SINGLE EYE SHADOWS

As you can see I love Colourpop a lil too much hahaha

I don't have many single eye shadows coz I prefer to buy palettes. Unless something really caught my eye or I really need a certain shade then I'll get a single shadow. As compared in 2016 (read about it *here*), I've less favorites. Mainly coz I've decluttered a lot of my single eye shadows. So the ones that I like has also gone down in number.

BTW I am going to separate my single eye shadows to two parts. This part here is for my powder/cream eye shadows.


In 2016 I mentioned that my ultimate favorite eyeshadow is the Colourpop's Super Shock Shadows in pearlized finish. In 2017 I've fallen in love with their Ultra-Glitter finish. I know not many people like glitter shadows but sometimes I am a little magpie. I need some glitter to spice up my eye looks and it makes me very happy lol.

What I like about the Ultra-Glitter finish:
  • super duper soft, smooth and buttery texture
  • glides on the skin
  • beautiful glitter
  • so flattering on the eyes


Next we have the Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Pearlized finish. Still a favorite of mine since 2016 💓

What I like about it:
  • super duper soft, smooth and buttery texture
  • glides on the skin
  • subtle glitter but just as beautiful
  • flattering on the eyes
I'll definitely be getting more Colourpop Super Shock Shadows in both ultra-glitter and pearlized finish in other shades. Just have to see ones that really catches my eyes lah.

This Clio Prism Air Shadow is an accidental discovery. I just wanted to look for something to fill my cart to get free shipping and this was picked. Didn't know that I'll like it so much hehe.

What I like about it:
  • pretty shade
  • nice wash of color for every day use
  • beautiful glitter
I only like this shade from this eye shadow range so I don't plan to get more from it.

Don't know why all my favorite single eye shadows all have some sort of shimmer haha. Maybe matte single eye shadows are just terrible lah. That's why I don't like them.

Now for the liquid eye shadows... I don't actually have many of it when the year start but I've built quite a collection at the end of the year. I've used all of the ones in my collection so far and found these ones are the ones that I really like.

My favorite three liquid eye shadows are (from left to right): Stila Shimmer & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Twig, Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Smoldering Satin and Peripera Pearly Night Liquid Glitter Shadow in Candy Cane

TBH these aren't the best to use for every day use coz they are super extra with the glitters. I mainly used them during Christmas coz I always go bling during Christmas. But I did use Twig when I was in Bangkok. I think it's super convenient for travel lah.

What I like about Stila Shimmer & Glow:
  • opaque color even when blended out
  • pigmented
  • great for traveling
  • gorgeous shade
What I like about Glitter & Glow:
  • shimmery = very pretty glitters
  • pigmented
  • gorgeous shade
  • opaque
What I like about Candycane:
  • perfect for aegyosal (under the eyes)
  • very pretty glitters
  • nice wash of color on the lids when blended out.
I'll definitely repurchase every one of these liquid eye shadows but unfortunately the Peripera liquid shadow is limited edition (it is from Peripera's 2017 holiday collection) so I don't think I'll be able repurchase it. But I do hope that they come up with more liquid eye shadows like this one.

SMALL PALETTES

In 2016, I have one post dedicated to palettes *here*. For 2017, I've separated my palettes into small palettes: those below 10 eye shadows; and big palettes: those above 10 eye shadows in 2017. These three here are all the palettes that I've been loving that have 10 eye shadows and below in the palette.


First of my favorite small palette is Wet n Wild Color Icon Eye shadow palette in Comfort Zone. Got this palette coz many YouTubers raved about how wonderful it is. They claim that this palette is the best drugstore eye shadow palette. Well, guess what? They are absolutely right. I've tried quite a number of drugstore brand's eye shadow palette. None of them work quite well as this. From the palette, you can see that I love it so much that I've literally work my way into many of the shades in the palette. If you ever see me in a neutral brown/green look, with high possibility that it was created using this palette.

Swatches of all the shades in the palette

I wished they named the shades tho. I, II, III and IV are from the left row while i, ii, iii and iv are from the right. Oh and also this does not have a none shimmer shade for me to put on my crease. The newly formulated version of this palette has two matte shades. Hoping the new palette will come to Malaysia soon so that I can get my hands on it.

What I love about this palette:
  • pigmented
  • has unique duochrome shade (iv)
  • able to create many looks even though there are just 8 shades
Honestly I do not use all the shades in the palette. I am hoping that I'll be able to repurchase the singles of shades that I like if they ever run out tho coz they really work damn well for a drugstore brand.


Next we have Etude House Play Color Eyes palette in Wine Party. Got this coz the shades are so up my alley. Reddish warm tones are my jam 💕

Sorry for the ugly swatches 😐

What I like about this palette:
  • the warm reddish tones = awesome for autumn looks
  • pigmented satin shades
I think some (or is it most?) of these shades are sold separately as singles. Just need to read up on it to find out which ones are available as singles lah. I really like the satin shades in the palette. I'll probably repurchase all the lovely satins if they ever run out in the palette.


The final favorite small palette is by another Korean brand and it is Heimish Dailism Coralic Eye Palette. I have no idea what Dailism means. Can anyone explain to me?

Anyways, I got this coz I wanted a coral/peach shade palette. I was disappointed by Too Faced Sweet Palette coz it was not at all peachy imo. Read up that this is a better option so I got it when Hermo was having sales.

Swatches

What I like about this Heimish palette:
  • pretty coral/peach shades
  • light wash of color on the lids = great for every day use
  • pigmented satin and matte shades
This palette is limited edition and currently already unavailable. Even if I really wanna repurchase this, it will be impossible 😔

 OMG I nearly forgotten about this palette here. It is the four shades top most on this DIY magnetic palette. It's the Colourpop Hi-Maintenance palette. This is my first ever pressed shadow palette from Colourpop. Super love 💖

Swatches

What I love about this four eye shadow palette:
  • my favorite warm reddish tones
  • super pigmented
The palette is still available but I think I would rather buy singles instead to replenish if any of these runs out. But then I'm not sure if each shade is still available on the site lah.

BIG PALETTES

For these more than 10 eye shadow palettes, I only have two ultimate favorites.

I think it is a no surprise to see this palette in my favorite coz it is basically in everyone's favorites lolol. For those living in a cave, this is Colourpop's Yes Please palette.

You guys probably sense a pattern here which is that I love warm reddish/orange tones for my eye shadows. So yes, this palette is a favorite coz it's a super lovely warm reddish + orangey tone palette.

Swatches

Just look at the colors and tell me you don't love them 😍

What I love about the Yes Please palette:
  • pigmented
  • most shades are buttery smooth texture
  • easy to blend
  • can create many different looks
I currently have four Colourpop palettes and this is probably the one that I've used the most. But of course I don't think I can ever finish using this palette. If I ever do, I will definitely repurchase it.

Another favorite palette is Zoeva's Caramel Melange palette

Yes another one of those warm orangey tone palette hahaha


What I love about Caramel Melange:
  • pigmented
  • smooth buttery texture for most of the shades- mostly the shimmers
I like this palette but not a fan of the other palettes by Zoeva. Not even sure if I wanna repurchase it coz I can always get something similar from other brands. That is if I ever finish this lah haha.

EYELINER

My favorite eyeliner for 2016 has been mentioned *here*. For 2017, I have more than one but the one in 2016 had made a comeback.

In 2017, I discovered this gem of a gel liner. I've never been lucky with gel liners. All the gel liners that I've tried all smudged on me coz of my oily lids. But this Colourpop Creme Gel Liner stay put all day and saved me from looking like panda at the end of the day. This shade is Mr. Bing btw. I started out with this brown shade coz I ran out of brown liner. I've recently just purchased a black one (Swerve) and I think it'll serve me well for sure.

What I like about Mr. Bing:
  • doesn't smudge or fall on my lower lids when I waterline
  • very opaque color
  • affordable
Definitely will repurchase when I run out. Just need to find another 172874981237 items to buy to get free shipping lol.

Moving on to liquid liners, I really like the NYX Epic Ink Liner. YouTubers like jkissa and Jessica Braun highly recommends this so I went ahead to get one to try out. Now it has taken over my favorite liquid liner's (you'll see what it is later on) no. 1 spot.

What I like about Epic Ink Liner:
  • opaque and pigmented
  • dries quickly after applied
  • doesn't smudge
  • doesn't flake
  • long lasting
I'm gonna repurchase this product as long as it is available in the market.

Just like in 2016, K Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner is still my favorite. But like I mentioned earlier, it is no longer my ultimate favorite coz of the Epic Ink Liner.

What I like about this Real Lasting Eyeliner:
  • opaque and pigmented
  • long lasting as claimed
  • doesn't smudge
  • doesn't flake
  • dries quickly after applied
I've repurchase this like so many times.. even got it in other colors so you know I love it lots hehe.

Swatches of all the eyeliners that I love

MASCARA

In the post linked above (at the eyeliner category) Benefit They're Real mascara is my favorite mascara for 2016. It's a repeat for 2017 coz They're Real is just the bomb.com. But I've added another favorite which is Maybelline's The Magnum Volum' Express mascara. Maybelline make super awesome mascara for a drugstore brand. This is just one of the many mascaras that I've tried from them that I love.

What I like about They're Real:
  • thickens lashes
  • give some length to the lashes
  • doesn't smudge even though it's not waterproof
  • last all day = long lasting
  • fans out lashes
What I like about Volum' Express:
  • waterproof
  • thickens lashes
  • fans out lashes
  • long lasting
For those who had read my Dayre for awhile will know that this is my second They're Real mascara already. Definitely be repurchasing again in the future. As for the Maybelline one, I might want to try out other mascaras from them to look for other favorites before returning to this one.

EYEBROW PRODUCTS

I've totally changed my favorite eyebrow products in 2017 (favorite in 2016 is linked above). I used to love brow powders/wax sort of products but towards the end of 2017 I've leaned towards eyebrow pencils mostly. On the left, we have Essence Make Me Brow brow gel in Blondy Brows and on the right, NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Brunette. I love the combination of both of these products on my brows. I'll draw the shape of my brows with the pencil, fill in with the pencil and then end by brushing my brows with the brow gel

What I like about Make Me Brow:
  • not too wet or too drying
  • sets my brows to the shade that is perfect for my hair color and skin tone
  • affordable
  • make my brows stay on all day
 Swatch of the NYX Micro Brow Pencil. Bottom is example of the strokes I draw to fill in my brows.

What I like about the brow pencil:
  • easy to control when drawing strokes
  • thin pencil = easy to draw tiny strokes
  • perfect shade for my eyebrows
  • gentle color = natural
I've repurchased the Make Me Brow for quite a number of times edy. I'll usually buy it when I see it coz it goes OOS very often. As for the Micro Brow Pencil, I'm going to repurchase it for sure coz I love good it is.

LIQUID LIPSTICKS

In 2016, I've separated my favorite liquid lipstick into two posts *here* and *here*. There are some repeats in 2017 favorites from the year before as usual.

So yeap Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick is still my favorite in 2017. This time I have two shades that I've been using a lot through out the year. It is Lolita (top) and Mother (bottom).

What I like about the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick:
  • long lasting
  • not patchy
  • doesn't feel dry even though it's a matte formula
  • pigmented and opaque
Mother is actually a sample size. Can't remember where I got it. If it runs out, I think I might get a full size one. But I'll have to check if I have anything similar in my collection lah. As for Lolita, it's my all time favorite lippie. So I'll probably repurchase till they discontinue it.

This Velvet Vanity Liquid Matte Lipstick is a very new addition to the collection but I fell in love with it as I wore it like mad during the Christmas celebrations in December.

The shade is called Take Me Out btw

What I like about Take Me Out:
  • comfortable on the lips
  • smells like chocolate chip cookies lol
  • pigmented
  • long lasting
I'm not sure if this is limited edition shade or what. If it is not, I'll definitely repurchase lah. But I would like to try other shades from Velvet Vanity lah coz the lippie's quality is excellent.

Each category will not be not complete without some Colourpop lol. I think both of these were in the 2016 favorite liquid lippies posts. For those who aren't familiar, the top one is Ultra Matte Lip in Take Five while the bottom is Ultra Satin Lip in November.

I love both of them for almost the same reason except one is matte and transfer proof while the other is satin and not transfer proof.

Reasons I love Colourpop UML:
  • long lasting
  • opaque and pigmented
  • feels comfortable on the lips (only the new formula ones are)
  • beautiful shade
Reasons I love Colourpop USL:
  • stains the lips but not as long lasting as the UML
  • opaque and pigmented
  • very comfortable on the lips
  • love the shade
Take Five is limited edition so it won't be available for repurchase. I'll probably try out more shades from the UML. As for November, I think I'll try out other Kathleenlights' USL coz her shades are always on point.

Final of my liquid lipstick favorite is actually a lip tint. I think many of you already know the Peripera Airy Ink Velvet coz it's super famous in the K beauty community.

I have quite a few of shades but these two are my ultimate favorite: Pretty Orange Pink (left) and Elf Light Rose (right). Yes the shade names are weird af hahaha. Pretty Orange Pink is my go to bright color for 2017 while Elf Light Rose is an every day nude color lah.

What I like about Peripera Airy Ink Velvet:
  • moisturizing on the lips
  • stains the lips = super long lasting
  • very nice bright colors available
Definitely gonna repurchase both of these. But I'm thinking of trying out the Peripera Cloud Ink Velvet next.

Swatches of all the liquid lipstick mentioned

I'm proud that I didn't like all the same shades this time hahaha. There's a good mixture of brights and nudes. But no dark colors this time. I must be a changed woman hahaha.

BULLET LIPSTICKS

I've not repeated anything the same as my lipstick favorites in 2016 *here* Also I think I prefer bullet lipsticks (as compared to liquid lipsticks) more in 2017 than the year before. Probably coz my poor lips needed more moisturizing from all the matte liquid lipsticks I've been wearing.

First up we have Colourpop x Alexis Ren Blotted Lip.

There are three shades in the collaboration with Alexis Ren but this is my ultimate favorite 💕


What I like about Deja vu:
  • nice shade
  • really does give off the blotted lip look
  • can be worn even without any makeup = true MLBB
I think they will be discontinuing this shade soon (or is it already discontinued?) so I don't think I'll be able to repurchase this. I hope their permanent shades of blotted lip has something similar tho coz I really like this shade.

Next favorite is 3CE x Lily Maymac (famous instagrammer) Matte Lip Color

I think there are three shades in this collaboration but the one that caught my eyes is Warm & Sweet.


What I like about Warm & Sweet:
  • beautiful shade
  • sort of staining = long lasting
  • beautiful packaging
This is a limited edition shade (discontinued now) so it's impossible to repurchase it at all.

Third favorite lipstick is Etude House's Dear My Blooming Lips Talk Chiffon in the shade BE109. This is a Lily Maymac's pick and favorite. In case any of you are wondering, I'm not a big fan of Lily Maymac's but I just like the shades of lipstick she chooses lol.

I've used this so much in 2017 that you could see that the top of the lippie is going flat

What I like about BE109:
  • beautiful nude shade
  • cute packaging
Etude House is not as easy access (currently only has a flagship store in KL) as it used to be so it will be difficult for me to purchase anything from them. But if this shade is still available, I'll definitely repurchase it.

I tried out Colourpop Lippie Stix for the first time in 2017 lol. The lippie stix that I have here are actually mini versions from a set that I got. It's a mixture of lippie stix on one side and lippie pencil on the other. I was able to try out both products which is awesome lah.

Anyways, here's what I like about Lippie Stix (specifically the matte X finish):
  • smooth to apply
  • long lasting
  • most of it are not drying
  • great for traveling coz of the mini size and comes with lippie pencil
I'll definitely try out more Lippie Stix especially the Matte X finish ones. It's definitely a favorite finish.

Swatches of the Colourpop, 3CE and Etude House's lipsticks

Pretty obvious my choices are all look almost the same lolol.

Swatches of all my Lippie Stix

Now there are slight more variety here lolol.

That was my 2017 Beauty Favorites, guys. I know I got it up pretty late but like I always sayyyyyy...better late than never 😂 It's a very long post but I hope you guys enjoyed reading about what I've been loving last year. For 2018, I hope to try out more new products and discover more new favorites. Better yet if I could find a new favorite from something in my stash.

Apart from this yearly favorite post, I'll also be posting monthly favorites every month...starting from this month. If any of you had read my Dayre, you'll probably know the format that I'll be doing it in coz it will be the same as the ones that I did in Dayre. It'll be up soon for sure. Just need to take some pictures for that post.

Alright lah. That's all for today's post. I actually have some stuff to talk about but this post is already a million years long. I'll post up another post for my grandmother story lah.

This week I hope to do a few posts coz I've not been posting for past few weeks. Let's hope I'll be able to manage lah 💪💪 Zyon, please be good hahaha.

I'll see you guys in the next post lah. Bubbye for now 😘

Comments